There are plenty of reasons why you might want to seize the day, whether it’s so you can spend more time with your family or because you’re looking for greater fulfillment in your life. Whatever your motivation, it helps to have a strategy in place so that you can seize each day and feel good doing it. The following 10 tips can help you do just that, allowing you to seize each day and feel good doing it as well!
1) Get enough sleep
Sleep is one of the most important things when it comes to seizing the day. Not getting enough sleep can cause all sorts of problems for you in your daily life. You may not have as much energy, find yourself doing more unproductive tasks, or even make poor food choices because you’re feeling sluggish. Make sure that you are getting enough sleep at night.
2) Eat breakfast
It’s important to have a good breakfast. This will give you energy, help you stay focused, and provide brain fuel for your day. Plus, eating breakfast may actually help prevent overeating later in the day. The Mayo Clinic recommends having three food groups at each meal: protein-rich foods such as eggs or meat, complex carbohydrates like oatmeal or whole grain toast, plus fruit for a sweetener. If you’re pressed for time in the morning, try making a power smoothie with ingredients like fresh fruit (bananas are a great source of potassium), yogurt (which is full of calcium) and protein powder (whey protein provides amino acids that are necessary for muscle repair).
The best part about eating breakfast? There’s something delicious waiting for you every morning!
3) Make time for yourself
There are few things more satisfying than making time for yourself. Whether it’s going for a run, meditating, reading a book or spending time with your friends, you need to find what works for you. Here are 10 ways to seize the day and feel good doing it:
- Find an early morning routine that helps you start your day off right
- Take care of your mental health by getting enough sleep, eating well and exercising regularly 2. Spend some time alone each day 3. Focus on what makes you happy 4. Cut yourself some slack 5. Find an activity that makes you feel good 6. Schedule some me time into your week 7. Connect with friends 8. Read something inspiring 9.
4)Do something you love
a) Do something you love.
b) Spend time with people who make you feel good.
c Pay attention to the things that make you feel good.
d) Be grateful for what you have. 5) Keep perspective on your goals and priorities in life.
e) Celebrate every win, no matter how small they may seem.
f) Take care of yourself by eating well, exercising, and getting enough sleep!
5) Help someone
Start by focusing on those things that make you feel good. If you’re feeling stressed out, take some time for yourself to get your thoughts together. You may want to write down your worries or talk them through with someone who will listen. If you’re feeling unmotivated, force yourself to do something small that makes you happy. When it comes time for lunch, think about what would make your favorite meal taste even better. When we focus on those things that make us happy, we start seizing the day!
6) Get moving
I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but there’s a saying that goes something like this: Do what you love, and success will follow. Although I’m not sure it’s entirely accurate, there are many reasons why I think it’s important for us to focus on what makes us feel good. So with that in mind, here are 10 ways we can all seize the day (and have fun doing it).
7) Connect with nature
Nature is a powerful healer. Spending time in nature can improve self-esteem, reduce stress, and lower blood pressure. So if you’re feeling down about something, try spending some time outdoors. Here are ten ways you can seize the day by connecting with nature:
1) Take your dog for a walk in a park or on a trail. 2) Find an outdoor event–a concert, festival, or sporting event–to go to where you can feel like part of something bigger than yourself. 3) Volunteer at an animal shelter or garden. 4) Visit your favorite public library’s reading garden or arboretum (just make sure it’s not too hot outside). 5) Pack up your lunch and take it on a picnic blanket with some good friends.
Sometimes it’s best to unplug from all of your devices for a little while. Spend some time with nature, journal, or just stare at a wall. How often do you take time for yourself? When was the last time you felt truly happy? Take some time today and be mindful of what makes you feel good. Do more of that!
9) Express gratitude
I am grateful for waking up in the morning. I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for my friends who believe in me. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful that I get to do what I love all day, every day. And most importantly, I’m grateful that you’re reading this right now! Focusing on what makes you feel good is the best way to seize the day.
- The first step is to find something that makes you laugh. Whether it’s a YouTube video, an old comedy show, or a funny meme, find something that makes you chuckle.
- Next, take some time for yourself. If you’re at home, go for a walk outside or take a bubble bath; if you’re at work, go get your lunch and eat outside in the sun instead of sitting in your office all day long.
- Try practicing this idea as often as possible throughout your day: Stop what you’re doing whenever something funny pops into your head (it doesn’t have to be hilarious) and spend five minutes laughing about it before going back to what you were doing before.
- Surround yourself with laughter!