In order to achieve any sort of great life, you need to surround yourself with great people. The more positive, motivated and supportive people you have on your team, the better your life will be. These 15 ways to attract great people into your life will help you do just that.
1) Give off good vibes
You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. If you want to attract amazing people into your life, be sure that you’re surrounding yourself with positive people who will inspire and motivate you. Smile more! One way to give off good vibes is by taking care of your body. Make sure you’re eating healthily and exercising because when it comes down to it, that’s what’s going to make a difference in how good you feel about yourself and how good other people will feel about interacting with you. And hey, if attracting great people into your life means having more opportunities for love, then I think we can all agree that this is a worthy goal!
2) Have a strong social media presence
Social media is a tool for connecting with people around the world and has grown exponentially in the past decade. A strong social-media presence can help you stay connected with potential employers, customers, clients and partners. It also enables you to get feedback on your work and share your knowledge. Plus, it’s a great way to meet new people! Here are 15 ways you can use social media to attract great people into your life:
1) Post updates that are relevant and interesting. 2) Share what inspires you by tagging #inspiration or #motivation. 3) Engage with other users in conversations that are relevant to your interests or expertise. 4) Create a network of friends by adding them as contacts on Facebook, following them on Twitter or Instagram etcetera.
3) Get involved in your community
It doesn’t matter what kind of work you do, getting involved with your community is a sure-fire way to meet new people and build connections. It doesn’t take much time and it helps you get out of the house!
- Join an organization that has a need for people with your skills and interests.
- Volunteer at your child’s school in order to get more connected and feel less like an outsider.
- Take on a leadership role in a club or organization that meets monthly or quarterly – this will help keep you accountable, too!
- Join or create an online group focused on interests in which you have knowledge and expertise (even if it’s something as simple as cooking!)
Volunteer by donating your time and energy to a cause that you care about. You might be surprised by how many people will want to join you in your efforts. Volunteering is a great way to make new friends, but it’s also an opportunity for you to get involved with something you care deeply about. Plus, volunteering feels good!
5) Have interesting hobbies
In the book, How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie wrote that the only way we can possibly do any good in this world is by making somebody else happy. And if you want to make other people happy, one of the surest and simplest ways is by making them feel important. So remember: be a good listener.
6) Be a good listener
Be a good listener. When people feel like they’re being listened to, it makes them feel valued. One of the best ways you can make someone feel really important is by making them feel heard. There is a difference between listening and hearing – when you’re truly listening, you are paying attention not only with your ears but also with your eyes and heart. You’ll be able to hear tone in their voice, see the look on their face and read the emotion behind what they are saying. A true listener will always keep an open mind, no matter what side of an argument they find themselves on and will never judge or criticize the speaker.
7) Dress well
Dress well. Dress as if you’re going into an interview with a Fortune 500 company every day of your life. If you’re wearing sweatpants, people will be less inclined to take you seriously. Wear clothes that fit and are in good condition.
- Be aware of what you’re projecting. The way you behave and interact with others is an advertisement of who you are and what kind of person you’d like to be friends with. Act in a way that would make the type of people you want as friends proud, and they’ll start gravitating towards your energy. 2. Share something about yourself, but not too much. You never get a second chance at making a first impression so don’t give away all your secrets at once or make people feel like they have to know everything about you before they can connect with you on any level.
9) Be positive
People are drawn to people who are confident and happy. Keep a positive attitude by focusing on the good in your life and feeling gratitude for what you have. There are many things that we cannot control, but we can control our attitudes and focus on the positive. Sometimes it is just a matter of perspective–the glass may be half full or half empty, but it is always right in front of us!
10) Don’t talk about yourself too much
You’re not going to find great people in your life by just sitting around waiting for them. You need to put yourself out there and try new things. When you show people that you’re actively trying to make your life better, they might want to help you do that. Here are some ideas for how you can be more attractive and get great people into your life:
- Smile at people when they walk past, even if they don’t smile back at first. The more smiles you give, the more other people will want to smile back at you! They may even come over and say hello.
- Spend time with children–they are a lot of fun!
11) Ask questions
- What is your definition of a great person?
- What qualities do you find most attractive in someone else?
- Do you feel like you have these qualities yourself? If not, what are you going to do about it?
- Have you been attracting any great people into your life already? If so, who and how did they come into your life (or how did you attract them)?
- Has there been anyone that has stood out for you recently that could be considered great? Describe this person and tell me why they stand out in your eyes. What can the rest of us learn from this person’s success in attracting great people into their lives?
12) Be a good friend
It’s not enough to just want people in your life. To attract great people, you need to be a good friend. The first step is making sure that you are a good friend to yourself first. Here are 15 ways you can make sure you’re being a good friend:
-Be kind and generous with yourself
13) Help others
1) Be open. 2) Be authentic. 3) Be a student of your own life. 4) Learn from your mistakes and those of others. 5) Cultivate curiosity about people and the world around you. 6) Seek out new experiences, but don’t live in fear of the unknown. 7) Treat everyone with respect, dignity, and consideration – even if they are rude or unkind to you first.
14) Be yourself
Appreciate others by recognizing their contributions. We all have a part in making the world what it is and we can do it with love or with disdain. Recognize that everyone has something to offer, even if it’s just for a moment. Practice being grateful for who people are and what they bring into your life instead of resenting them for not being who you want them to be or doing what you think they should be doing. Imagine how different the world would be if we all appreciated one another more!
15) Appreciate others
- Appreciate others. It’s easy to get caught up in our own problems and forget that other people have their own struggles as well. When you show someone appreciation, they will feel better about themselves and have a more positive outlook on the world.
- Make connections with others. It’s important to make connections with others because they are the ones who will help you along the way when things get tough or when you just need someone else to talk with.
- Do unto others what you would like them do unto you. We all want respect and consideration from others, so why not try giving it back?
- Be kind and compassionate even when feeling frustrated or angry.