When was the last time you sat back and truly enjoyed the simple things in life? Many of us get so caught up in our work, our schoolwork, or our families that we forget to just sit back, relax, and unwind from the rest of the world. Simple things like sitting outside on a warm night or watching your child play with their favorite toy are little joys that often go unnoticed because we’re not paying attention to them. To help you start noticing these things again, here are 16 ways to enjoy the simple things in life.
1) Make Time for Yourself Every Day
It’s important that we make time for ourselves every day. I find that there are things I can do every day, no matter what my schedule is like, to take care of myself and enjoy life. Here are 16 things you can do everyday:
1) Spend five minutes reading a good book
2) Spend 10 minutes writing down your thoughts and feelings about your day
3) Spend 20 minutes exploring a new place on Google Earth or travel site like Expedia
4) Spend 30 minutes playing with your kids or petting them
5) Watch an episode of your favorite TV show while eating ice cream (or anything else you want!)
6) Give yourself permission to not worry about what other people think!
2) Get Outside Every Day
Getting outside every day is one of the best things you can do for your mental health. Spend some time outside each day, whether it’s five minutes or a couple hours. It doesn’t matter how long you spend outside as long as you spend some time out there. Being outside has been shown to have positive effects on both your mental and physical health, so make sure to take some time for yourself today by getting out there and enjoying all that nature has to offer.
3) Do Something That Makes You Happy Every Day
No matter what your age, there are plenty of ways you can enjoy the simple things every day. Here are 16 ways you can live life to its fullest.
- Take time for a morning walk or jog – This will get your blood flowing and give you an energy boost before starting your day. Plus, it’s a great way to explore your neighborhood and get some fresh air. It doesn’t have to be all that strenuous either; just do what feels good for you!
- Spend time with your pets – Pets are wonderful companions who provide unconditional love and always make us feel better. If they’re not too busy playing with their friends, they’ll be more than happy to play with you!
4) Talk to a Friend Every Day
Hi, my name is _ and I’m writing to tell you about a new project I am working on. I am writing a series of blog posts that will share different ways you can enjoy the simple things in life. Today, I wanted to talk about how easy it is for us all of us to get caught up on things that don’t really matter and how we lose sight of what’s important or what brings us joy. So today, instead of focusing on work or what’s going on around us, let’s think back over the last 24 hours and see if we can identify any simple pleasures we enjoyed today. It might be something as simple as watching your favorite TV show or eating your favorite food–anything that felt good or made you smile even for just a minute.
5) Spend Time With a Pet Every Day
It’s no secret that animals can provide us with comfort and healing, but they also deserve our love. Spending a few minutes every day with your furry friend can help you feel less stressed and more satisfied. Plus, it’s never too late to adopt a new pet!
A – Watch a TV Show Together
Spend an hour or two each night watching one of your favorite shows together on the couch or bed. You’ll enjoy bonding time with your animal bestie and maybe even learn something new about them!
B – Take a Hike Together
One of my favorite things is taking a hike through the woods with my dog.
6) Exercise Every Day
It might seem like an impossible task, but if you set aside time to exercise every day, you will be able to enjoy life so much more. This is because when we feel fit and healthy, it’s easier for us to enjoy the simple things. Exercise releases endorphins that make us happy and less stressed. It also helps us sleep better and makes our skin look good! So start your day with a workout or take some time after work before dinner. You deserve it!
7) Read Every Day
If you’re feeling down, there are a few things you can do to bring yourself back up. Try and enjoy the small things in life. Take time out of your day just for yourself. Learn how to self-soothe with a hot bath or tea. Spend time with friends, animals, or family members that make you happy. Put on some music that makes you feel good and dance it out (or at least move around). Make a list of three things that made you smile today and then think about why they did so. It may seem silly but this helps keep things in perspective too – if something is bringing me joy, then what’s wrong?
8) Listen to Music Every Day
It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day hustle and bustle of life and not take time for yourself. But every day, you should make a point of listening to music. It will help you feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Music can also be a source of inspiration. You might discover your next big hit when you listen!
9) Drink Water Every Day
I drink water every day because it helps with weight loss, improves skin, and boosts your immune system. It also helps flush out toxins and keeps you hydrated. Drinking enough water is essential for staying healthy and can help prevent dry mouth, kidney stones, headaches and so much more. Start drinking water today by putting a reminder on your phone or setting an alarm on your watch!
10) eat healthy foods Every Day
In order to enjoy life’s simple pleasures, it is important that you take care of yourself. One way is to make sure that your body is getting all of the essential nutrients it needs by eating healthy foods every day. This will give you more energy and help you stay focused on what matters most. Here are some easy ways to eat healthier: 1) Swap out refined grains for whole grains – The fiber in whole grains can help control your appetite and stabilize blood sugar levels. 2) Drink plenty of water – Water helps keep you hydrated, gives your skin a healthy glow, and boosts your metabolism.
11) get enough sleep Every Day
Many people don’t realize that sleep is an important part of their health. Getting enough sleep every day can help you be more productive and happier. However, getting a good night’s rest isn’t always easy. Here are 16 ways to make it easier.
1) Turn off your electronics before bedtime
2) Establish a nightly routine
3) Create a comfortable sleeping environment
4) Lower your expectations for what constitutes a good night’s sleep
5) Exercise regularly (daily or at least five times per week)
12) take breaks throughout the day Every Day
The world around you is constantly changing, and so are your responsibilities. It’s important that you take time out of each day for yourself, so you can keep up with everything. Make sure to take breaks throughout the day. Take a five-minute break every hour, if possible. If your break is longer than an hour, it’ll do you good to take a shorter one as well!
13) learn something new Every Day
Every day, take a few minutes to learn something new. It doesn’t have to be anything too difficult or time-consuming. Even small things, like learning how to say hello in Japanese or how the U.S. government works, can make your life more interesting.
A fun way to do this is by setting up a daily email reminder that tells you what you should learn today and provides links for where you can find information on it online. This way, you don’t have to constantly search for new things every day or spend all day reading Wikipedia articles!
14) be grateful for what you have Every Day
It is easy to get caught up in our busy lives and start taking things for granted. Take the time each day to feel grateful for what you have, from your ability to walk, talk and breathe, to your family and friends. Being grateful can help make you more positive about life and put you in a better mood. It will also help you remember how lucky we are when bad things happen.
15) give back to the community Every Day
It’s so easy for our lives to become consumed by work, school, and responsibilities. But there are so many ways you can give back to your community every day. Here are a few ideas:
-Volunteer at your local soup kitchen or food bank.
-Paint a mural in your community with your kids or friends.
16) take care of your environment Every Day
Taking care of your environment Every Day is a great way to make yourself feel good about your life and the world. Here are 16 ways you can do it:
- Turn off lights when you’re not using them
- Use less water
- Keep garbage bins closed
- Recycle everything you can
- Sort your garbage into landfill-friendly materials so they don’t end up incinerated or dumped in landfills
- Plant trees and use eco-friendly cleaners that are safe for plants, animals, and humans
Add a Comment