It’s no secret that being happy makes you live longer, feel better and work better, but most of us never find the time to actually do the things that bring us joy and make us smile every day. That’s why we compiled this list of 15 ways to be happier every day – because we believe you deserve it! Try adding one of these activities to your routine for 30 days and see how great you feel about yourself at the end!
1) Get enough sleep
Studies show that those who get enough sleep are happier, healthier and more productive. The National Sleep Foundation recommends that adults get 7-9 hours of sleep per night. If you want to be happier, make sure you’re getting a good amount of sleep every night.
2) Exercise regularly
- Get up and get moving! Find a fun activity that you enjoy like running, yoga, or swimming and make it a part of your daily routine. 2. Practice gratitude! Try jotting down 5 things you are grateful for before bed each night. 3. Surround yourself with positivity! Turn off the TV and spend time with people who uplift you rather than bring you down. 4. Make someone’s day better! Reach out to someone in need and brighten their day with a kind gesture like sending them flowers or volunteering in their community together 5. Say no to negativity! Replace toxic relationships with ones that make you feel good about yourself 6. Laugh every day! Watch funny videos online, read funny articles or books, tell jokes
3) Eat healthy
It’s easy to make small changes that can make a big impact on your overall health. For example, eating a diet high in vegetables and whole grains will help you maintain a healthy weight and lower your chances of developing heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. One of the most important things you can do is choose foods with little or no sugar; such as fresh fruits and vegetables instead of sugary drinks like soft drinks or fruit juice. You should also try to limit your intake of processed meat, refined grains, salty snacks like chips or pretzels, and alcohol.
4) Spend time with loved ones
Spending time with loved ones can make you feel happier. Whether it’s your family, friends, or a significant other, it’s important to take the time out of your day and enjoy their company. This could be as simple as having coffee together in the morning or watching a movie in the evening.
5) Do something you enjoy every day
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Do something you love every day (ex: knitting, playing video games).
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Listen to music that makes you happy (try Spotify or Pandora).
- Say thank you for the things you have and the people in your life who support you
6) Be positive
- Smile often – When you smile, you can’t help but feel happier! And when other people see you smiling, they’re likely to smile too. It’s a great way to spread happiness and make the world a better place. 2. Live in the present – It’s easy to get distracted by past or future events that are out of your control. But it’s important to live in the moment and enjoy what life has to offer now. 3 . Do something kind for someone else – Kindness is contagious. Just one act of kindness can change somebody else’s mood, as well as your own.
7) Learn something new
-It’s important to find something you’re passionate about. -Don’t compare yourself to others. When we compare ourselves, it can lead to self-doubt and ultimately unhappiness. -Find the humor in life! Laughter is a great mood booster and can help you feel better when you’re feeling down. Plus, laughter is contagious! Try watching a funny show or movie with friends or coworkers for an instant happiness boost.
8) Help others
- Smile – even if you feel like crying! A smile is contagious and can spread happiness from person to person. 2. Laugh – laugh out loud, laugh at yourself, laugh with other people. Laughing releases endorphins that make you feel good and gives you a fresh perspective on whatever situation you’re in. 3. Journal – writing about your thoughts and feelings will help get them out of your head and onto paper where they don’t have the power over you anymore!
9) Live in the present
Instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, try focusing on the present. This can be as simple as taking a few minutes before bed each night and thinking back over your day and writing down one positive thing that happened that day. It can also be something like putting aside time every morning to do something you enjoy, like reading a book or meditating. These are just some of the little things you can do every day to help yourself live in the present and be happier.
10) Accept what you cannot change
What if you could change one thing about your life? What would it be?
Would you change the time of day you go to bed?
Would you take up a new hobby or learn a new skill? Could you get out of an obligation that makes your life harder than necessary, like working overtime or volunteering for tasks that don’t suit your interests or skills?
No matter what changes we make in our lives, there will always be things we cannot change.
Forgive yourself for not being perfect. Forgive others for their wrongdoings. Forgive the person you thought was your best friend but turned out to be your worst enemy. Forgive the past that haunts you. Finally, forgive and forget. The burden of resentment will only weigh you down and make it harder for you to find happiness in today’s world.
12) Let go of anger
- Stop telling yourself that you are a victim. No one is holding you back but yourself.
- Release your expectations and start living in the moment. Let go of what was and embrace what is happening right now. 4. Think about how lucky you are to be alive, healthy, and have the people who love and support you in your life.
13) Be grateful
Just as water is necessary for life, being grateful is essential for happiness. Our minds are constantly looking for what’s wrong in the world or in our lives, and it takes conscious effort to think about what’s right. It can be difficult at first but it becomes easier with practice. Here are 15 ways that you can start your day off on a happy note:
1) Spend 5-10 minutes each morning journaling about what you’re grateful for from the previous day.
14) Spend time outdoors
One of the easiest ways to feel happier is to spend time outdoors. Research has found that people who work outside have better mental health and lower rates of depression than those who work indoors. Plus, you’ll get a vitamin D boost from being in the sun!
1: Plan a hike with friends or family. #2: Go for a walk at lunchtime. #3: Take your dog for an extra long walk in the evening. #4: Bike ride around town on Saturday morning.
1)Smile more. It’s scientifically proven that smiling can actually make you feel happier. Plus, when you smile it’s impossible not to make those around you happier too!
2. Volunteer your time. Giving back is a great way to lift your spirits and help others too! #3. Listen to music and dance for at least 10 minutes every day. This is a great way to de-stress and have fun! #4. Spend some quality time with friends. Get together and share a meal, watch TV or just talk about life. 5. Remember what makes you happy: What are three things that make you really happy? Remembering these things will help bring the joy back into your life on days when things seem tough. 6. Be present: Practice mindfulness by focusing on the here and now rather than dwelling on the past or future!
Add a Comment