Courage Isn’t Always a Lion’s Roar: It’s Also the Silence of Ants Working Patiently and Never Giving Up
Dr. Seuss once said, You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it, and I couldn’t agree more with him on that subject. No matter what we may be facing in life, we all have the power to not just get by, but conquer it and create something amazing out of it! How many of us have the courage to do what it takes to achieve the seemingly impossible?
The space between fear and complete fearlessness
It is often said that courage is found in the space between fear and complete fearlessness. Courage can be when we are not afraid, but also when we are afraid. One of my favorite quotes is from Maya Angelou, who once said that courage means you’ve got to be scared and do it anyway. You’ve got to have doubts but you can’t let those doubts turn into nagging self-doubt or outright fear. Perhaps this quote best captures what I mean about courage being about fear as well as being fearless.
It takes more courage to keep on building
Courage is not always what it seems. Courage can be found in a lion’s roar or even in the silence of ants working patiently, persistently and never giving up. The key to courage is living with conviction and standing up for what you believe in no matter how difficult it may seem or how hard it might push you. Courage can be different things to different people, but one thing is certain- courage makes life worth living. People are like sandcastles
Some give up after being hit by a single wave
or call them crazy
It takes more courage to keep on building than it does to just sit there and let the tide take over
Keep going: Examples of courage
- The courage to set a goal for yourself, knowing that you are capable of achieving it.
- The courage to go on despite your fear or anxiety, even when the path is unclear. 2. The courage to help someone else who needs it more than you do.
- The courage to stand up for what you believe in, even if it’s hard or makes you unpopular.
- The courage to keep going even though there are times when every part of your being wants to stop, because deep down you know this is right and worth fighting for. 5. The courage to admit that something isn’t working and make changes so things can be better next time. 6. The courage to change everything about who you are in order to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.
Focus on your strengths rather than your weaknesses
I hope these words are as inspiring to you as they have been to me. I feel like I’ve learned how to be brave in my own way, while being kind to myself.
Here are some things that help me stay brave:
1) Take care of yourself. Eat well, sleep well, exercise regularly and don’t forget self-care! 2) Focus on your strengths rather than your weaknesses. There is only one you! 3) Believe in yourself. Trust that you are strong enough for this journey and that with courage anything is possible! 4) Surround yourself with people who support you. 5) Get out there and try new things, even if it scares the living daylights out of you!