How to Harness the Power of Your Subconscious to Achieve Your Goals
Most of us realize that our conscious minds have some power to make things happen. We can choose to go to the gym, or we can choose not to go, and our choice will affect our future health and fitness goals. However, few people know that our subconscious minds have almost as much influence over our lives as our conscious minds do. It’s true – your subconscious mind is like a powerful supercomputer working behind the scenes to make sure that you achieve everything you want in your life. The secret to success? Harness the power of your subconscious mind and use it to achieve your goals! Here’s how…
The subconscious mind is powerful
The subconscious mind has been shown time and time again to be a powerhouse for achievement. Think of it this way: if you can imagine it, your subconscious knows how to do it. That’s because the subconscious is an infinite reservoir of knowledge. It’s always looking for ways to make your life better, happier, and healthier. It’s constantly scanning every situation, looking for opportunities that will give you what you want in all areas – career, relationships, finances, health – and then taking appropriate action on them. For example:
1) If you decide that you want a promotion at work because it’ll help your family feel more secure and happy then your subconscious will go out there and get it done! This is one way that we can harness its power. When we are clear about our desires, we send powerful signals to the unconscious mind which then does everything in its power to bring those desires into reality. Here are five easy steps you can use anytime you have a goal that needs your attention:
2) Know exactly what it is you want.
3) Know why you want it (what benefits will come from achieving it).
4) Get clear on what obstacles might stand in the way of achieving this goal and know how you’re going to overcome these obstacles (you should be able to visualize yourself overcoming each obstacle). Be sure not to put too many barriers or potential difficulties into place; otherwise, your subconscious may become discouraged before even trying.
The subconscious mind can be harnessed
The subconscious mind is one of our most powerful allies in achieving our goals. The conscious mind (the part that is awake) makes up a very small percentage of your total thought process, but it can still have a powerful effect on what you think about, what you do and how you act. If your conscious mind is focused on thoughts that are negative, then your subconscious will focus on thoughts that are negative as well. The power lies within us to change this cycle by harnessing the power of our subconscious mind.
1) Start off with positive affirmations before bedtime: Write down three things in your life that are going well. Then write down three things that you would like to improve upon. Make sure the list has more items on the wish for improvement side of the list than things going well. Pick an affirmation from each side and say them both out loud, making sure to repeat each one twice so they sink into your subconscious for maximum impact. A few examples of affirmations include I am confident, I am happy or I am excited. As you repeat these words over and over again, visualizing yourself living these words instead of repeating them only verbally, you will start noticing changes in your mindset–even if those changes are just small ones at first.
The subconscious mind is accessed through the power of intention
The first step is to set your intention. What do you want in life? What are your goals and intentions? What kind of person would you like to be or want to become? You can’t just make an intention about something, it has to be really clear and specific. For example: I will be a millionaire is not specific enough. It does not know how much money or when that will happen. That’s why it’s important for your intention statements (or affirmations) to include all three areas: who you want, what you want, and when you want it.
The subconscious mind is best harnessed through visualization
Visualization is a powerful tool that can be used by anyone. It can help you achieve your goals and make your dreams come true. When you visualize, you’re using all your senses to imagine what it will be like when you’ve achieved your goal. You’re also using affirmations which are positive statements about what you want to happen. To harness the power of your subconscious mind, try these three steps:
*Visualize with all five senses *Use positive affirmations *Stay focused on how good it will feel once it’s accomplished
The subconscious mind is a tool that can be used to achieve goals
In order to harness the power of your subconscious mind, you need to set clear and specific goals for yourself. If you have a goal that is too vague, then your subconscious mind won’t be able to give you any help at all. If your goal is something that’s well-defined, but not measurable, then it will be hard for you to track if your subconscious is giving you any input on achieving it. Once you’ve done this, it’s time to start thinking about how you can work with your subconscious in order to achieve those goals. One way that has been proven successful is through visualization exercises. These exercises involve picturing yourself achieving each one of those goals in as much detail as possible – what are they wearing? What are they doing? Who are they talking with?